The Grande Finale!
From the Kitchen of: Jeanne (my mom!)
Added on: 5/31/2011
Yields: 6-8 servings
3 lbs (6 to 8) apples (pared and sliced)
1 oz lemon juice
3 oz water
2 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cup flour
dash of salt
10 Tbsp butter (softened, NOT melted!)
1. Place the apples in a greased pan.
2. Mix lemon juice and water - drizzle over the apples.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl - it should be crumbly. (I usually find it easiest to mix with my hands to break up the butter, etc.)
4. Gently press the mixture over the top of the apples.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 40 minutes. When in doubt? The apples should be soft and the juices should be bubbly!