While reflecting on past gift giving, I realized that I was a terrible blogger (and yes, not just because right now I'm averaging a post every 3 weeks..) but because I completely forgot to show you any pictures of one of my bigger DIY undertakings!!
Last year (!!!) I made a flannel rag quilt for little Rozalyn - I am THRILLED with how it turned out and Rozalyn seems to be a big fan as well... :)
I originally got the inspiration from Creations by Kara - she has a great tutorial posted so I didn't feel the need to write one myself!
I made mine rectangular (instead of square) and I made it a little larger. She recommended cutting tiny 1"x1" swatches of your fabric to represent your squares and plan out your pattern - I voted for "nerd" and went with Excel... :)
Here's the pattern I came up with (complete with square count) - The letters correspond to the design that I put on the back of the quilt. Just to keep it interesting... not at all because I miscalculated how much backing fabric I would need............
Cutting this quilt was definitely the most tedious process (lots and lots and LOTS of squares...) but it was really easy to piece together! Like the tutorial shows, you basically stitch an X through each front-batting-backing sandwich and then sew them together with seams toward the front! From there, you're just 2 movies-worth of scissor snipping fringe to a super cozy quilt!
I'm very seriously contemplating making another one for myself...
Anyways! Here are some snapshots of the final product!! :)